Students, Faculty, Staff
Benefits & Key Features
Microsoft Exchange provides the Tufts University community with a fully integrated email and calendaring system, allowing for seamless communication among faculty, students, and students.
- Extensive how-to information on the Information Exchange website
- Microsoft Outlook (bundled with Microsoft Office) is available through the Tufts Microsoft Campus Agreement for both Windows and Mac platforms
- Integrated calendar
- Self-service email forwarding option with Tufts Tools
- Access from any Internet-connected device via Outlook Web App (http://exchange.tufts.edu/)
Users need an active Tufts Username (formerly called UTLN) account. Email accounts are not available for clinical affiliates.
All students, faculty, and staff are issued an Exchange email account when their Tufts Username account is created. Authentication is provided with your Tufts Username and Tufts Password.
There are multiple ways to access your Tufts email:
- Go to http://exchange.tufts.edu/ and log in with your Tufts Username and Tufts Password.
- Install and configure Outlook 2007/2010 (Win), Outlook 2011 (Mac), or Mac Mail to connect to your Exchange email account.
- Configure Outlook on a home computer to connect to your Tufts Exchange email account.
- Redirect (forward) your Exchange email to a personal email account (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Configure the server settings in another email software app, such as Thunderbird, to receive your Tufts Exchange email (email@example.com).
- Outlook and Mac Mail User Guides
- Exchange Email Quick Tips
- Exchange Server Settings
- System Requirements and Recommended Settings for PC, Mac, and Mobile Devices
- Set up Outlook 2007 or 2010 from Home
- Mobile Device Guides
- Email Client Guides
- Request help (TechConnect Service Desk)
- Student Email Account Administrators
- Contact the UIT Client Support Center at ext. 7-3376
Related Information & Tools