- Authenticated client-to-host communications
- Assurance that communication is occurring with authenticated hosts
- Assurance that password and data transfer is secure from snooping or eavesdropping over all network connections
Pricing and Availability
SecureCRT is volume-licensed to Tufts University and available free of charge to Tufts University faculty, students and staff. The software may be used on 15,000 computers.
Conditions of Use and License
Van Dyke Technologies, Inc. licenses SecureCRT to Tufts University for the exclusive use of Tufts University faculty, staff and students for performing school business. A faculty member, staff member or student who separates from the University must cease using any copy of SecureCRT acquired through this program. Unauthorized duplication, distribution or use of SecureCRT is a violation of applicable laws. SecureCRT cannot be transmitted, exported or re-exported without written consent of the Bureau of Export Administration, United States Department of Commerce. The downloading of SecureCRT constitutes acceptance of the above Conditions of Use.
- The downloading of SecureCRT constitutes acceptance of the above Conditions of Use.
- SecureCRT is a registered trademark of Van Dyke Technologies, Inc.
Downloads for Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7
- You must remove any previous installation of SecureCRT before you proceed with the installation of SecureCRT. Click here for removal instructions. If you do not do this, the licensing information will not be updated properly.
- If located off-campus, you will be prompted to login with your UTLN and Trumpeter Tools password. If you do not remember your password or need it reset, contact the UIT Support Center at 7-3376.
- Click on the link provided below and save the file to a temporary location on your local hard drive, such as c:temp. A file named scrtxxx.exe will be downloaded to the location you specify.
- Once the download has completed, double-click on scrtxxx.exe. This will begin the installation process. During this process, accept all defaults. The installation should take less than 5 minutes.
- If you have any problems with your download, please contact the UIT Support Center.
Last file update - 3/15/2012 - version 6.74
Support for faculty and staff using this product is available through the network of University Support Providers (FSPs). Support for students is available through standard school support channels.
If you have questions about this software product, please call the IT Support Center at (617) 627-3376. You can also send an e-mail to UITSC@tufts.edu.