To learn more about using email at Tufts, view the Quick Tip links below or browse the Information Exchange Email Client Guides.
Select a quick tip link below:
Check the Status of Your Email Quota
Configure Your Email Forwarding Settings
Configure Your Vacation/Out of Office Settings
Changing Your Email (Tufts) Password
Outlook Web App (OWA) - Logging In
Outlook Web App - Logging In
1. Navigate to https://exchange.tufts.edu. When the page loads, you will receive a logon prompt.
2. Enter your Tufts Username (UTLN).
Example: jdoe01, dbragg02, jsmith
3. Enter your Tufts (network & email) Password.
4. Click Sign In. Your mailbox will be displayed with the default Inbox visible.
OWA Security Options
OWA provides you with the option for 3 different levels of security:
- This is a public or shared computer
Select this option if you are using a public wi-fi/Internet connection or checking your email on someone elses' computer.
- This is a private computer
Select this option if you are using your own computer and know that the Internet/wi-fi connection is secure.
- Use the light version of Outlook Web App
The light version of Outlook Web App includes fewer features and is appropriate for use with a slow connection, a computer with limited resources, or with unusually strict browser security settings. NOTE: The Google Chrome web browser will only display the light version of OWA. Chrome users may want to install Firefox as a secondary browser.