Educational & Scholarly Technology Services (ESTS) partners with Tufts academic and professional communities to integrate the best existing and emerging information technologies into teaching, learning, and research. ESTS offers faculty guidance in the common use of tools like WordPress, Wikis, and Classroom Response Systems (clickers), and develops innovative tools like the Virtual Understanding Environment (VUE), the award-winning Spark suite of communication and collaboration tools, and Trunk , Tufts’ new collaboration and learning environment (CLE).
ESTS also provides development and outreach to faculty and staff through innovative symposiums, programs, and instructional design support. The Faculty IT Liaison Program partners IT professionals with faculty liaisons from academic department to exchange information about UIT services for faculty and about academic programs’ visions for education, research, and general productivity enabled by technology. ESTS consultants help clients find technology solutions to instructional dilemmas, keeping the use of technology meaningful and relevant across residential and blended learning contexts. ESTS sponsors workshops, events, and communities of practice, including the Summer Institute, Health Sciences Mini-Symposium, Veterinary Medicine Mini-Symposium, and Tufts Distance Learning Consortium creating opportunities for Tufts faculty, students, and staff to learn about and subsequently integrate new technologies that enhance scholarly experiences at Tufts.
- Academic Application Design and Development
- Faculty IT Liaison Program (FITLP)
- Fostering Communities of Practice
- Health Sciences Mini-Symposium for Teaching and Learning
- Project Management to Support University Initiatives
- Spark Tools for Tufts
- Strategic Planning to Support University Goals
- Summer Institute for Teaching and Learning with Technology
- TLR Innovations e-Newsletter
- Tufts Distance Learning Consortium (TDLC)
- UIT Encyclopedia for Teaching with Technology
- UIT Forum for Teaching, Learning and Research
- Veterinary Medicine Mini-Symposium for Teaching, Learning and Research
- Visual Understanding Environment (VUE)
- Workshops on Using and Integrating Technology for Teaching and Learning
Consultation and Support Services
- Classroom Response System Support, Training, and Consulting
- Course and Curriculum Design Support
- Distance and Blended Learning Consulting
- Emerging Technologies Consulting and Support
- Educational Goals and Technology Integration Consulting
- Grant Development Consulting
- iClicker Training, Consultation, and Support
- Web Conferencing Consultation
Click here to download the Educational & Scholarly Technology Services brochure.
For more information about ESTS, see http://uit.tufts.edu/at/?pid=120.