Research & Geospatial Technology Services (RGTS) works closely with Tufts academic and research communities to define their technology needs and provide innovative IT solutions that support the University’s goal of academic and research excellence. RGTS offers a wide array of services in support of Tufts research community including a 1000-core High Performance Computing research cluster, commercial and open-source software applications, tools for bioinformatics, and networked and secure storage for research data. RGTS maintains and provides tools for visualization and collaboration, consultation services for statistics, and support for the integration of proven solutions or emerging technologies for research applications. In addition, RGTS also manages two facilities, the Center for Scientific Visualization and the Tufts GIS Center. The GIS Center offers several GIS-related services including GIS training for faculty and students through workshops and courses, assistance with incorporating GIS modules into Tufts’ courses, and individual and project-based research consulting.
- Research High Performance Computing
- Research Storage
- Licensed Commercial Software (Research Cluster account required for access)
- Center for Scientific Visualization
- Tools for Bioinformatics
- Statistical Computing Matters Blog
- Visualizing Research @ Tufts Awards
- Tufts GIS Center
- Specialized hardware and software in computer labs
- GIS Workshops & Courses
Consultation and Support Services
- Statistical Consulting
- Emerging Technologies / Grant Proposal Consulting
- University Goals and Initiatives Project Management Support and Consultation
- Strategic Planning Consultation
- GIS Consultation and Software Support
Click here to view a complete list of currently available research technology services.
Click here to view the Research & GIS Technology Services brochure.