|Room Reservation || | ||Setup and Support || | ||Preparation || | ||Running a Videoconference |
What is Room-based Videoconferencing?Tufts University Information Technology (UIT) maintains conference room format videoconferencing capability on all three campuses. Currently these units are available for meetings, distance learning, and education projects.
Use Tufts Room-based Videoconferencing when:
- You want to conduct a one time or recurring scheduled video conference for three or more individuals.
- There is a Tufts audience for an offsite guest lecturer.
- You are planning a large meetings that requires attendance from across Tufts' three campuses.
- You need to deliver a short presentation to a remote audience. (The image resolution for sharing applications using room videoconferencing is limited to 800x600.
If your event demands a significant amount of sharing a presentation or an application, you should consider using Web Videoconferencing with Adobe Connect.
Tuft’s videoconferencing systems are available on the Boston, Grafton, and Medford campuses. Services are available with the UIT Support Center’s help from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday through Friday EST USA (except on University holidays). You may request service for other hours through the UIT Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at (617) 627-3376.
Reserving a Room
For assistance determining which rooms might be appropriate for your videoconference, contact the University IT Support Center email@example.com or via telephone at (617) 627-3376.
- On the Boston campus, you must reserve a room for your videoconference at least thirty minutes prior to the start time and indicate on the room request form that you are reserving the space for a videoconference. For assistance with this process, call the Scheduling Office at 617-636-6621.
- Complete the room request form.
- Send the form by fax (6-0894) or campus mail (Sackler317).
- Resource 25 is the centralized room reservation system for Tufts University Medford Campus. Visit the R25 WebViewer at http://uss.tufts.edu/registrar/Resource25.asp to view the Medford campus event calendar, check room availability and request room reservations.
- On the Grafton campus, rooms are reserved online. Navigate to http://vet.tufts.edu.
The site has Gateways for Students and for Faculty and Staff.
- Click the appropriate gateway to view a number of links, including a Room Reservations link.
- Click the Room Reservations link. A calendar of booked rooms for the Grafton Campus will display.
- Click Room Resources to find a room that will meet your needs and contact the room's manager.
Additional Notes on Reserving a Room
If the room you wish to reserve is not available through the room reservation system for your campus, you may need to speak to the room’s administrator. In such cases, you may be asked to reserve the room using Microsoft Outlook.
To reserve a room using Microsoft Outlook:
- On the File menu, select New > Meeting Request.
- In the Subject field, type a description of the meeting, then click the Rooms.
The Address Book will display all rooms setup in Outlook’s address book.
3. Select the room you wish to reserve.
4. Complete the meeting request and send it to your invitees.