Your Tufts desktop phone can be used to audio conference with 3 to 6 participants.
To set up a conference call for 3 to 6 participants:
- Call one party directly to begin your conference call.
- After you've connected with the first party, press the Conference button. This places the other party on hold. You will hear a dial tone.
- Dial the next number you wish to add to the conference. When the call is answered, you may talk privately with the person before joining the conference.
- Press Conference again to join all callers.
If necessary, repeat the procedure to include up to six people in the audio conference.
If the person you are adding to the call is not available:
- Press the Release button
- Press the DN Key with the flashing arrow indicator.
Conference Bridge for 6 to 150 Participants
UIT has arranged for a "pay as you use it" conferencing capability. This service provides divisions and schools with an 800 number and a moderator PIN to conference up to 96 people who can call from anywhere in the world. To use Tufts’ conference calling service, you must arrange for access in advance of your first intended call. Click here to learn more about using a conference bridge.