|Room Reservation || | ||Setup and Support || | ||Preparation || | ||Running a Videoconference |
Scheduling Technical Setup and SupportWhen you reserve a room for your videoconference, you also must request videoconferencing setup and support. This request can be made using an online registration form or by contacting the University IT Client Support Center at email@example.com or via telephone at (617) 627-3376.
Please submit your online registration or contact the UIT Client Support Center at least 5 business days before your meeting. If you are planning to use videoconferencing for coursework or a distance course, please contact the UIT Client Support Center as soon as you have a schedule for the videoconference sessions.
Videoconferencing requires technical coordination with the far-end site and proper configuration of the equipment and presentation peripherals. When you reserve a room for your videoconference, additional time will be needed prior to and after your event in order to setup equipment and test the connections. A support specialist can assist you to make sure the room is reserved for the necessary timeframe.
Before you submit the form you will need to have the following information ready:
- Which campus will this videoconference take place on?
- What is the purpose of the videoconference? (for example: class, meeting, thesis defense, interview, or other)
- Videoconference start date and time
Videoconference end date and time
- Will this be a recurring or one-time meeting?
- How many sites would you like to connect with?
- Please provide a technical contact's name and email address for each site. This person should be a member of the IT department who handles the company's/university's videoconferencing.
- How many people will be attending at the Tufts location?
- Have you booked a room for this videoconference?
- Any additional information relative to your specific needs.
If you are planning to use videoconferencing for coursework or a distance course, please contact the UIT Support Center as soon as you have a schedule for the recurring videoconference sessions.
Online Registration Form
- Tufts Room-based Videoconferencing Tip Sheet
- Tandberg 880 Remote Control
- Tandberg C Series Remote Control
- Tandberg MXP Series Remote Control
- Tandberg Classic Set-Top Remote Control