|Room Reservation || | ||Setup and Support || | ||Preparation || | || Running a Videoconference |
Preparing for Your Videoconference
Follow these best practices when preparing for a videoconference:
- Plan for video conferences just as you do for live meetings.
- Outline a meeting agenda and share it with invitees.
- Use simple fonts at least 14 point in height for materials.
- Conduct a dry-run with presentations, such as PowerPoint files.
- Try to wear solid, pastel colored clothing.
- Avoid wearing white, red, or patterns.
- Avoid wearing plaids or stripes. The lines and stripes can cause distortion when being encoded.
- Avoid wearing jingling jewelry on the day of your video conference.
- Shut off cell phones and other devices which may interrupt your call and email hard-to-read material to others before the meeting.
- Know what actions you should take for technical issues:
- For critical problems that have an immediate impact on important University business, contact Voice Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Voice Services Help Desk at (617) 627-4357.
- Calls about all other problems with Tufts videoconference services should be made to your local support organization: