|Requirements & Setup||Create a Meeting||Share Media 1||Share Media 2 |
|Manage Rights ||Record a Meeting||Helpful Tips ||Documentation|
It is extremely important for a host to end their meeting correctly. Otherwise, the seats will NOT be released.
- From the Menu bar, select Meeting > End Meeting.... The End Meeting window will open.
- Click OK.
- The meeting will end
- The seats will be released
- Any participants who forgot to log out will be disconnected
Troubleshooting & Tips
Issue: After joining a meeting, the user screen on a Mac computer is blank (white)
On Macintosh, the Meeting Add-In will fail to launch a meeting if either the width or the height of the screen resolution is set to 2000 pixels or greater. The window will appear, but is blank (white).
Lower the screen resolution, or launch the meeting in the browser (append "?launcher=false" to the url).
Issue: Audio not working properly on a Windows computer
Try uninstalling and re-installing your SigmaTel Audio driver.
Issue: "Secure Connection Failed" message appears (Firefox 3.x, IE8, etc.)
Accept the certificate by following the "Or you can add an exception" link.
- Turn off all unneeded applications before starting your meeting.
- Ideal screen resolution is 1024 x 768.
- There can be up to 3 seconds delay between what you see on your screen and what participants see, so move slowly and pause often.
We have found that the DSL /Cable setting is the best option for quality and speed during a conference.
After entering your meeting room (it is not recommended to change settings during a meeting), do the following:
- On the Menu bar, select Meeting > Room Performance & Appearance > Optimize Room Bandwidth > DSL / Cable
- On the Menu bar, select Meeting > Manage My Settings > My Connection Speed > DSL /Cable
Because webcams can use a lot of bandwidth, a possible approach would be to use webcams during introductions. Then turn webcams off to maximize bandwidth when someone is giving a presentation. The group can use audio and chat to communicate.
For additional help , see Adobe Connect Help: Setting Meeting Room Bandwidth.
Changing Time Zone
Users can change the time zone associated with their accounts. Follow these steps:
- Log in https://webconf.uit.tufts.edu.
- In the upper right corner of the window, click My Profile. The My Profile settings will display.
- Click Edit My Preferences. The Time Zones field will display.
- Select the appropriate time zone.
- Click Save. The time zone will be updated.
Closed captioning is available at additional cost and is provided by a third party.
WGBH now enables Acrobat Connect Professional users to deliver closed captioning within their meeting environment. This first-of-its-kind capability developed at WGBH allows users to view text captions in real-time from within the Web conferencing interface. A meeting transcript is available to facilitate materials search functionality.
Freelance and enterprise captioning services are available from the Media Access Group at WGBH.
Please call +1-617-300-3600 (voice/TTY) or visit http://main.wgbh.org/wgbh/pages/mag/ .
Additional resources - Adobe Connect - Meeting Best Practices