Tufts has a university-wide license for Qualtrics, an easy to use, full-featured, web-based tool for creating and conducting online surveys. Tufts customized version of Qualtrics is available to all current faculty, clinical affiliates,* staff, and students via a dedicated website.
- From your web browser, navigate to: https://tufts.qualtrics.com
- Username = Tufts Username
- Password = Tufts Password
Qualtrics features go far beyond those available through free online survey tools.
- Over 100 different types of survey questions to choose from.
- The ability to embed multimedia into surveys.
- Completely customizable branding with your school or department logo.
- Support from Qualtrics’ award-winning Research and Support Specialists.
- Robust online training and documentation.
- Direct exports to Excel and SPSS and an API that integrates with virtually any other system.
- Online collaboration in real-time as you and your colleagues author surveys.
- 48 supported languages.
- A tool to track participation and reminders.
- Accessible with your Tufts Username (UTLN) and Tufts Password—no new login information to remember.
Qualtrics is not suitable for the strorage or transmission of sensitive or confidential data. If you have a need to survey this type of information, please contact your Information Steward.
Support and Training
All user support and training is handled directly by Qualtrics with many online courses to help users get started.
Conditions of Use Use of Qualtrics is subject to the same policies and guidelines as all Tufts computing resources. In addition, users must comply with all other applicable University policies, state and federal laws, including federal copyright laws.
- Faculty, staff and students are responsible for using the Qualtrics survey tool in a responsible manner in accordance with all University policies, federal, state and local laws (including HIPAA and FERPA), and Qualtrics' licensing agreement.
- Proper approval from the Medford Institutional Review Board (IRB) or the Scientific Review Committee (SRC) on the health sciences campuses may be required if human subjects are involved. Survey owners are responsible for contacting these groups.
- Adherence to Policy on the Use of Tufts University Name and Insignias is required if using Tufts’ name or logo.
- Using your Qualtrics account for non-university related activities is prohibited. This includes personal use or use on behalf of a company/other unit.
- The inclusion of inappropriate language or content in a survey is prohibited.
- You may not share your Qualtrics account with unauthorized users.
- Users may not SPAM or use other forms of unsolicited mass communication in conjunction with Qualtrics.
- Qualtrics is not suitable for the strorage or transmission of sensitive or confidential data. If you have a need to survey this type of information, please contact your Information Steward.
- All use of Qualtrics must be in support of the University's administrative, teaching, and/or academic and research work.
Surveys that involve human subjects may require review by Tufts' Institutional Review Board (IRB) for Medford surveys or Tufts' Scientific Review Committee (SRC) for health sciences surveys. Please review these policies carefully and obtain permission, if necessary, before conducting a survey.
Visit Qualtrics' website at: www.qualtrics.com
*All use of Qualtrics must be in support of the University's administrative, teaching, and/or research work. Tufts' license does not extend to affiliate organizations unless use of the license is in support of research that originated within an academic unit at Tufts University.