Statistical and Research Computing Assistance
UIT Academic Technology(AT) Statistical and Research Computing Assistance Tufts does not offer a Department of Statistics. However, from a statistical practice point of view, Tufts is a decentralized community.
Pools of faculty statistical expertize can be found in most departments offering methodological/applied or statistical courses. UIT/AT offers additional statistical resources available to all faculty and students.
Statistical Consulting Assistance
UIT Academic Technology offers:
- General statistical advice and direction
- Getting started with popular software packages available at Tufts (Spss, Sas, R, etc....)
- Assistance with public use data sets such as ICPSR archieves,etc...
- Assistance with early stage planning for data collection, management and analysis
- Assistance with selecting modern and advance software for specialized statistical problem settings
- Assistance with statistical graphics
Please also visit our blog Statisctical Computing Matters .
To make an appointment for assistance, please contact Durwood Marshall (x72180 or email@example.com ).
Research Computing Assistance
Research computing activities can be found in most department labs. UIT/AT offers a scalable computing option to all Tufts departments with the UIT High-Performance Computing Research Cluster . In addition, this resource is integrated with the Tufts Center for Visualization via 10gigabit private network connectivity.
This option for computing and visualization is an unique tool for large scale investigations.