|Requirements & Setup||Create a Meeting||Share Media 1||Share Media 2|
|Manage Rights||Record a Meeting||Helpful Tips||Documentation|
Sharing Media and Applications - Part 2Sharing presentations from within Adobe Connect
Another option to share PowerPoint presentations, Flash files, PDFs, and some graphics files is to upload the presentation into Adobe Connect and then run the slide show from inside Connect's main Share pod. This method compartmentalizes and constrains the presentation within the Connect interface. This may also provide better resolution and viewing for remote participants.
The following file types can be uploaded and shared: *.ppt, *.pptx, *.flv, *.swf, *.pdf, *.gif, *.jpg, *.png, *.mp3, *.html, or *.zip
- Navigate to the Tufts Adobe Connect Dashboard and log in with your Tufts Username (UTLN) and Tufts Password (email password).
- At the top of the page, click the Content tab. Any content, such as files and documents, will display.
- Select the My Content sub tab. Any shared content will display.
- Click New Content. The Select Content File window will open.
- Click Browse. The File Upload window will open.
- Select your file.
- Click Open. The file path will be displayed in the File field.
- In the Title: field, give your file a name.
- At the base of the page, click Save. The file will be uploaded.
To run a presentation from within Connect:
- Navigate to the Tufts Adobe Connect Dashboard and log in.
- Make sure that the My Meetings tab in the Home section is displayed (this is the default view).
- On the left side of the screen, in the My Meetings panel, next to the meeting name, click the Open button. The Connect Pro meeting window will open.
- In the middle of the Share window, under What do you want to share?, click Documents > Select from Content Library... The Browse Content window will open.
- In the Browse Content window, click My Content. Your uploaded files will display.
- Click the file name and at the base of the window, then, click Open. The presentation will open.
To end the presentation:
At the base of the window, on the Presentation toolbar, click Stop Sharing. The presentation no longer displays on the participant's screens.
Using the Presentation Toolbar
When using a PowerPoint file from Connect's content library, the Presentation toolbar displays at the bottom of the Share window. Here are explanations of the tools, running left to right:
Previous - Moves back to the previous slide in the presentation.
Next - Moves forward to the next slide in the presentation.
Show/Hide Sidebar - Shows or hides the slide sidebar on the right hand side of the Share window. The sidebar is useful for quickly jumping to a non-contiguous slide and it is not visible to participants.
Stop Sharing - Stops sharing the presentation.
When clicked, participants see a gray, empty Share window.
Enable Full Screen toggle for participants - Displays a small "Full Screen" button on participant's screens, providing them with the option to toggle the presentation up to full screen on their monitors.
Pointer - Turns on a visible green pointer that appears wherever the presenter's mouse is clicked. By default, the presenter's cursor or pointer is invisible to participants.
Synch - Make sure that the Synch button is engaged.
When Synch is engaged, you (as presenter) are in charge of the slide progression.
If you remove Synch, which you are free to do, the participants are given individual control of the presentation.
Synch engaged (participants must follow your presentation)
Synch disengaged (participants can click through the presentation as they choose)
Ending a meeting
It is important for the meeting host to end their meetings in the following manner:
- From the Menu bar, select Meeting > End Meeting.... The End Meeting window opens.
- Click OK. The meeting is ended and the seats are released.
This will release meeting seats and log out any participants who forgot to log out. If hosts quit a meeting, but does not end it, seats will NOT be released.