Conference calling can provide vital connectivity in the event of absences. UIT has arranged for a "pay as you use it" conferencing capability. This service provides divisions and schools with an 800 number and a moderator PIN to conference up to 150 people who can call from anywhere in the world. You pay for the service only when you use it. To use Tufts’ conference calling service, you must arrange for access in advance of your first intended call. To establish conference calling services, please send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Voice Services Helpdesk at (617) 627-4357.
Paetec Conference Calling User Guide
Paetec Technical Support - 1-800-730-2183
Conference Bridge Instructions
Please contact the Voice Services Helpdesk at 617-627-4357 or email@example.com in advance of your first conference bridge call.
Company: TUFTS UNIVERSITY - MEDFORD
Paetec Conf Bridge Call-In: 1-800-501-8979
Participant Passcode (access code): 7 digit number you receive from the Teldesk
Leader passcode: 4 digit number you receive from the Teldesk
International Access Phone Number: +1 3032489662
Max lines available per conference: 150
Web URL: http://www.paetec.com/conferencing/
To set up a conference:
- Contact Voice Services to receive your participant and leader passcodes.
- Inform all participants of the date and time of the conference and give them the 1-800-501-8979 phone number and the 7-Digit Access Code.
- When it is time for your conference to begin, dial 1-800-501-8979, then follow the prompts to start the call.
- To join your conference, participants should dial 1-800-501-8979 at the designated time, then enter the 7-Digit Access Code.
Chairperson Command Controls* 1 - Dial out to participant
* 1 - Join new participant to conference
* 2 - Join new participant and dial out to another participant
* 3 - Disconnect line and rejoin conference
* 4 - Disconnect line and dial out to another participant
* 2 - Conference Call Recording (Start/Stop)
* 4 - Lock Conference * 5 Unlock Conference
* 6 - Mute your line only
* 7 - Un-mute your line only
* 8 - Allow conference to continue after you disconnect
* 9 - Automated roll call of participants (if activated)
* # - Count number of participants in the conference
# # - Mute all lines
9 9 - Un-mute all lines
0 0 - Ask for operator
* * - List of available command
Participant Command Controls
* 6 - Mute Line
* 7 - Un-mute Line
* 9 - Automated Roll Call (if activated)
* # - Count Participants 0 0 Ask for operator
* * - List of available commands